March 3, 2021 at 10:49 pm · techteam · Comments Off on Return to In-Person Worship
Dear Members and Friends of First UMC Colleyville:
On May 14, the CDC relaxed their recommended restrictions pertaining to fully vaccinated people.
As soon as this information was released, we contacted our Reopening Team with a proposal reflecting the new CDC decisions. It was approved and then forwarded to our Executive Board. They also approved the proposal. The result is that, effective immediately:
- Fully vaccinated people are welcome to worship at FUMC Colleyville without masks or social distancing. We recommend that others continue to wear masks, and we welcome anyone who desires to wear a mask to continue to do so.
- There will be designated seating in both the sanctuary and Event Center for people who desire to worship with masks and remain socially distanced. In the sanctuary, the balcony and the four pews on the left hand side (when you walk in the sanctuary) underneath the balcony will be reserved for people who want to remain socially distanced. In the Event Center, the two back rows on the right hand side (when you walk in the Event Center) will be reserved for people who want to remain socially distanced.
We are excited about this positive turn and look forward to seeing many more of you on Sunday!
As we continue making progress toward normalcy, please be in prayer for the people of India and those living in neighboring countries that remain overwhelmed by Covid-19.
Grace and Peace,
We have exciting news to share! After discussions with the Reopen Task Force and Executive Board regarding the improving COVID numbers and increasing vaccinations, we are moving to Phase 5 of the Reopen Plan. Some important information to note:
- We currently are offering two worship services:
- 9:00 am Traditional Service in the Sanctuary, with the organ, hymns, and Pastor Mike preaching
- 11:11 am Contemporary Service in the Event Center, with the praise band and Pastor Katie preaching
- Both of these services are hybrid, which means that you can participate in person or online.