October 25, 2019 at 11:43 am · naltadonna · Comments Off on Director of Youth and Student Ministries
The Director of Youth and Student Ministries is responsible for the spiritual development of youth (grades 6 through 12) and young adults (post-high school through age 30). This is a part-time (20 hours per week) position. The Director of Youth and Student Ministries reports to the Senior Pastor.
The Director of Youth and Student Ministries is responsible for:
- Provide programming and mission opportunities for youth and young adults to enhance their understanding of the Christian faith and address their spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social and recreational needs.
- Make contact with young adults who are members or who visit the church, finding points of entry for them into the ministry and life of the church.
- Regular weekly communication with youth and young adults by maintaining an accurate data base for mailings and various forms of electronic communication.
- Recruiting and training adult volunteers and sponsors for youth and/or young adult events according to FUMC Colleyville’s Ministry Safe policy.
- Convene and lead regular meetings with the Youth Ministries Council, parents and other volunteers to plan programming, events, mission trips and fundraising opportunities.
- Explore and order curriculum for youth programs. Curriculum should develop the Christian faith of youth and be compatible with United Methodist theology.
- Develop individual relationships with youth, attending student events and providing encouragement and constructive feedback when they share joys and concerns.
- Provide spiritual guidance for youth, their families, young adults, and others who seek such guidance, making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Offer care to youth and their families who are in crisis or experiencing difficulties such as grief, depression, or hospitalization, making appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Work with the Higher Education and Campus Ministry Coordinator to develop and maintain ongoing ministries to college students and young adults, such as the Secret Pal Program and high school/college graduate recognition.
- Ensure that consent forms have been appropriately signed, notarized and are always on-hand in the case of an emergency.
- Other duties as assigned by Associate or Senior Pastors
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set forth by the FUMC employee handbook
To apply, submit a completed job application to the church office or via email to .